Our impact on the environment, the safety of our employees and our relationship with customers make up the foundation of everything that we do.
We believe that in the Chemical Industry, Responsible Business is Good Business.
In order to maintain a high standard of production, service and business in general, we at Biocel Ltd. believe that it is necessary to act responsibly at all times.
We constantly strive to minimise the adverse effects that our production, deliveries and services have on the world around us.
Here at Biocel Ltd., we also ensure that all of our employees are working in a safe environment and are aware of their responsibilities towards each other’s- and their own- safety. Our responsibilities to our customers include providing products, service and professional advice of the highest quality, according to each’s specific needs.
At Biocel, our responsibilities, like our customers, are at the core of our business.
Click on a policy or statement to read full details.
ISO 9001 QUALITY MANAGEMENT
ISO:9001 is an internationally recognised quality management system (QMS) standard.
To produce and supply products, services, & professional advice of the highest quality standard, which meets the requirement of its customers while minimising adverse environmental effects.
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
Product safety, which incorporates Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP), is central to the manufacture of all our products.
ISO 9001 QUALITY MANAGEMENTFor Biocel human and animal health, quality, feed/food safety and environment are important components of our corporate policy and management. Within Biocel the SHEQ (Safety, Health, Environment and Quality) Department has been created to comply with these requirements.
ISO:9001ISO:9001 is an internationally recognised quality management system (QMS) standard. It is the worlds leading quality management standard, implemented in companies both large and small across the globe.
REACH, CLP & Biocide Regulation:Biocel takes responsibility for the assurance of product quality and food/feed safety. The product ranges apply to all legal standards and are developed according to European and National regulations, such as REACH, CLP, and Biocide Regulation.
Key principles of quality management:
ISO:9001 helps organisations to improve customer satisfaction levels, internal efficiency and employee involvement by following eight key principles of quality management.
- Customer focus
- Involvement of people
- Process approach
- System approach to management
- Continual improvement
- Factual approach to decision making
- Mutually beneficial supplier relationship
Biocel Quality StatementIt is the policy of Biocel Ltd. to produce and supply products, services and professional advice to the highest quality standard, whilst consistently meeting the requirements of its customers.Product safety, which incorporates Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP), is central to the manufacture of all our products.
Other objectives are:To maintain these objectives Biocel operates a Quality Management System to the standard of I.S EN ISO 9001:2015.
- 95% of all deliveries to our customers are dispatched within 7 working days.
- To meet all customer requirements as agreed with the customer.
- To attain a production target of 90% Right First Time for liquid production and 100% for powder production.
- To ensure there is no recurrence of customer complaints.
- Continual improvement of the Quality Management System.
- To build mutually beneficial relationships with our suppliers and customers, particularly in the area of product service and development.
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITYLEGAL, TRUTHFUL, HONEST & DECENT
GUIDING PRINCIPLES:To operate in compliance with the principles espoused in:Business Social Compliance Initiative Code of Conduct (BSCI); 2014ISO 26000:2010 Voluntary International Standard Guidance on Social Responsibility
SCOPE:Operate in a socially responsible manner, mindful of the need for sustainable development and the needs of our stakeholders.
PEOPLE:To provide a safe working environment, free from discrimination or threats with fair remuneration and conditions. To prevent harm or discrimination to our staff in compliance with recognised labour and human rights.
ENVIRONMENT:To mitigate risks to our environment either by our processes or products and hold sustainability as a central tenet throughout.
ETHICS:To operate truthfully and with integrity.
It is the policy of Biocel Ltd. to produce and supply products, services and professional advice of the highest quality standard, all the while minimizing adverse environmental effects.
Product Safety (incorporating HACCP) is central to the manufacture of all our products.
- Continually monitor legislative changes and developments and make changes to our policy and practice to ensure compliance.
- Ensure the responsible use of energy and water by conserving resources wherever possible.
- Minimise the impact of our travel by efficiently managing our transport operations.
- Conserve natural resources by re-using and recycling packaging, purchasing recycled materials where appropriate, and using recyclable packaging and other materials wherever possible.
- Endeavour to perform business electronically, to reduce paper usage.
- Be a responsible member of the local business community by contributing to environmental initiatives, and to act promptly and effectively to correct any problems or incidents that might affect the environment or the health and safety of our staff, our business neighbours or the inhabitants of the area.
- Utilise products that are often solvent free and of low hazard to the environment when ever possible.
- Make all employees aware of this policy and their responsibilities for environmental issues.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
Biocel Ltd. is committed to implementing equal opportunities in all its employment policies, practices and procedures, without discrimination on grounds of gender, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, race and membership of the travelling community. To this end, it will ensure that the principles of employment equality are applied to recruitment, promotion, training and work experience and to all terms and conditions of employment.
Specifically this means:
- Equal access to employment, promotion, training and work experience, on merit, without reference to gender, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, race and membership of the travelling community.
- Equality in conditions of employment.
- A working environment free from harassment on grounds of gender, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, race and membership of the travelling community.
Safety PolicyThe Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act 2005 require representative management and employees alike to consider safety as a joint responsibility. The safety and health of all Biocel Ltd. employees, whether full or part time, is of the utmost importance to the organisation. Each of us at all levels of the organisation must co-operate to ensure that safe working becomes an instinctive habit. It is the responsibility of Biocel Ltd. management to bring to the attention of all its employees, a statement of its policy with respect to Safety, Health and Welfare at Work and the organisations and arrangements for carrying out that policy.We commit ourselves as a team to do the job right, the first time, in a safe manner, while meeting customer demands. We will achieve and maintain compliance with the requirements of all Irish and European legislation as it pertains to our activities.This Biocel Ltd. policy specifies the manner in which the safety and health of persons in the organisation will be managed in line with the highest possible standards of occupational health and safety. In accordance with the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work Act, 2005.It is the policy of Biocel Ltd. to ensure in so far as is reasonably practicable, the safety and health of all its employees, contractors and visitors to our complex. Biocel Ltd. and its management will do all that is reasonably practicable to ensure a safe and healthy working environment for both staff and contractors at all times.
In particular, the organisation will:
- Provide a team structure that will value the health and safety of all personnel and contractors, lead by example and respond to all reasonable health and safety concerns.
- Provide and maintain safe and healthy working conditions, in accordance with all Irish and European stautory requirements.
- Provide the necessary training and instruction to enable employees to perform their work safely, effectively and without risk to health.
- Make available all applicable safety or protection devices, information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to generate a safe and healthy place to work.
- Maintain a constant and continuing interest in health and safety matters pertinent to all the organisations activities.
- Regularly review this Biocel Ltd. Safety Statement, and any other safety related documents.
- Carry out ongoing assessments of our operations through the medium of audit and inspections.
- Through the provision of our Safety Statement, provide all employees and contractors with information on al identified hazards and risks in the workplace.
- Regularly consult with employees (and their elected Safety Representative) regarding all measures being taken to manage safety and eliminate or control identified hazards and risks on site.
QUALITY MANAGEMENT CERTIFICATE
Biocel has been awarded ISO:900, an internationally recognised quality management system (QMS) standard.